IMES

IMES

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Artificial Mangroves vs. Natural Mangroves

For my project I am attempting to get a hold of what is called a Magic Mangrove System. This is a basically pvc pipes put together to replicate the natural mangroves we find all through out our water ways here in Florida. I will be tracking the type of organisms and how many are attracted this artificial mangrove. I will then compare this to real mangroves.

I haven't quite fully developed my scientific question yet. I am leaning towards "Are the same organisms that are naturally attracted to the real mangroves also attracted to the artificial mangroves?". I am open to ideas if anyone has something they think would help out!

I could use a bar graph like the one below to track the type of species at the artificial vs the type at the natural. They type of graph I use might change once I finally decided on an official scientific question.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this is a really cool idea and I'm curious to see how it plays out. Do you have any idea on where you would set up the artificial mangrove?

    ReplyDelete