IMES

IMES

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Ame Teaderman (UR) - A New Player has Entered the Match!

Greetings!

My name is Ame Teaderman, and I am a trans guy who is eagerly working towards finishing my Associative Science degree for Environmental Science and Technology in Daytona State College. Coming from a background immersed in science and the arts, I'm always interested in seeing the two connect in my everyday life, especially now that I have a growing fondness for the environment. When I'm not out and about observing nature, studying, or socializing on the rare occasion, I'm playing video games, hence the title. But more importantly, I'm also taking part in recreational writing and art, while using research to fuel my interests further and add weight to my words.
Enjoying the attractions at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
Originating in Ohio, I moved down to Florida just before high school, and have travelled to various locations near and far, from the various state parks right here in Florida, to other places like Pennsylvania, Virginia, New York, Washington DC, and Niagra Falls. I've even travelled out of the country a handful of times to visit family for a month out in Ukraine, and the rural, quiet scenery there really seeded my love and curiosity for the life around me. Since then, all of my experiences thus far have only served to fuel my love and various interests in nature, which currently include seabirds and various flora, but also encompass a wide variety of other wildlife, and the conditions they need to survive. It is my hope that this blog, and all of the opportunities I've had here in Daytona State College, will give me the start I need to find my place in the scientific community, and make a difference in whatever way I can. Until then, see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment