IMES

IMES

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Andrew (UR)--My thoughts on Improving my Project





My thoughts on improving my project would be to "narrow the search" so to speak. There are several ways of harnessing wave energy, the two that I mentioned just so happened to be the the two I could find the most information about at the time. Just as a general introduction to the idea of wave energy. There are different devices for on shore, near shore, and off shore. And there are different devices for each section.

I could focus on one section (on, near, or off shore) and try to find information on two devises in that section. As i am finding information on those devices, I can acquire wave data in those sections.

As I've stated before, we simply can't populate the World's Most Famous Beach with on shore wave technology. So we will have to resort to off or near shore devices. The definition for offshore that I was able to gather was anything more than 9 miles from the shore. This being Florida, the water can be relatively shallow quite a ways out, so we can mostly look at devices for near shore devices.

However, I have already covered two devices that can operate in near shore locales. So I will have to find two more.

For reference, here is my original project in PDF:



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why do graveyards have fences?
Because people are always dying to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment