I'm Shannon, I'm 24 and a mother of one cool little 1 1/2 year old dude. Ever since I was in elementary school I have dreamed of being a Marine Biologist. Being a native of Volusia county the ocean has always been a major part of my life and it continues to mesmerize me every day. I dropped out of high school when I was 16 with 3.7 gpa. I wasn't stupid clearly, I just made a stupid choice.
When I got pregnant with my son 6 years later I decided it was time to commit my self and go back to school. I want to show my son how important an education and following your dreams are. So here I am on my way to my AA transfer degree in Marine Biology. I am extremely interested in marine mammals and their conservation along with the conservation of their natural habitats.
I chose to take this course because of the amount of field work we get to do. I have never experienced any type of field work and I am excited to allow our ideas and thoughts to flow freely in an outdoor environment. I am to say the least poorly educated on many things in the Marine Science and Biology fields and I am eager to fill my mind full of information about those subjects. I am ready to make mistakes and learn from them so that when I transfer to a 4 year university I am a bit more confident in my self. Below you will find a picture of my self and one of my son just because he's cute and I am a proud momma!


That's one handsome reason to follow your dreams :)
ReplyDeleteYour son is adorable!!! Great job for taking control of your life and future!!
ReplyDelete