 |
| Me, diving at Epcot! |
Greetings! My name is Emily Reyes; I'm 21 & graduating this spring with my A.S. in Environmental Science Technology. Upon completion, I intend to leave Florida for an undetermined amount of time to traverse the country from coast to coast experiencing all that I can and seeing as many natural parks as possible. Returning to "adulthood" in Florida after my journey, I plan to finish the required prerequisite courses at Daytona State to allow me to transfer to the College of Environmental Science and Forestry in New York. I was born and raised on Long Island in a very urban setting but I've always been drawn magnetically to nature. From as far back as I can remember I've looked to the night sky with complete amazement and walked barefoot in the grass with infinite gratitude for this planet and all its inhabitants. I couldn't be happier to have discovered environmental science as a career path as everything I love to do takes place in the great outdoors!
 |
| Step-sister Stella (left) & Korra (right) |
Here in Florida, where I've been living for two years this July, I've just been having oodles of fun. Currently, I'm employed at Zoom Air, a zipline adventure course in Tuscawilla Park. When I'm not at work, I'll take advantage of any and every opportunity to go diving, surfing, fishing, on a day trip or just take the time to read. On day one of this year, a beautiful dog wandered into my life and I named her Korra. She's currently living with her step-sister and her alpha while I learn a bit more about being a pack leader myself. During this final semester of my degree, I'm really excited to be able to work in the laboratory environment and begin analyzing samples collected from the field. I love knowing that when it comes time to find a place to settle, I'll be able to rely on my own skills and knowledge to determine the health of the environment in said settlement area and how it impacts myself and others. In the long term picture of life, I hope to find myself working on a research station in Antarctica for a little while but we'll see where this life thing takes me.
I look forward to working with everybody as we all advance in our respective fields!
Wow--beautiful life...wonderful dreams. I hope to be able to follow your exciting adventures. Maybe it's time to start your own blog!
ReplyDelete