So, for the past couple weeks I've been pondering on what to do my project on. I learned that a drive over to the Marine Discovery Center would take 3 hours round trip. Not something I can do with my spare time, which I have little of! With the help of Dr. Woodall, she helped suggest a project that has to do with my interests: organisms!!! Dr. Woodall owns two buoys that she's deployed in the Halifax Marina waters. These waters are a brackish type of environment which is perfect for all sorts of creatures like barnacles and crabs. Look at that growth for only 9 months!
 |
| This is one of the buoys! |
 |
| Settling plate. 10x10cm |
My scientific question will be:
What are the types of species that grows on a settling plate in a brackish water marina over the time of 9 months?
A settling plate is a little 10x10 cm plate that is connected to the bottom of the buoy. It can be seen above left.
Here's a little sneak peak...
No comments:
Post a Comment