IMES

IMES

Friday, September 7, 2018

Katie CUR: Guess Who's Back, Back Again? Shark-Girl's Back Tell A Friend!

Myself with a Scalloped Hammerhead, Male.
Who missed school? I felt like summer went by to quick , but luckily for me over the summer I was able to take a very hands-on Microbiology course which allowed me to be very hands-on with my project. Just a little recap on what I am doing for my project! I am taking a closer look into sharks mouths and seeing what actually lives there. Yes I said LIVE there, because there are a lot of things that are residing in their mouths. Things we cant really see with our naked eye. Bacteria can be as small as a pen point. I am swabbing their mouths to see if they do in fact have everything that lives in their mouths. I want to see which of these bacteria are dangerous to humans.


I am excited to be able to take on this journey with you guys following along! If any of you are interested in ever seeing what I do with the samples feel free to email me at katelyn_digirolomo@daytonastate.edu.

Next week I will be taking you guys through a virtual tour on what I do in the lab with my samples and the biological tests I run!

2 comments:

  1. Jackson F. sec. 31A. How many sharks have you swabbed? Were they all the same type? And have you found anything unusual yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giavanna B. Sec 101

    Is there a statistic on which is more deadly: the bacteria or the bite? If not, what are your predictions on the impacts of each?

    ReplyDelete